Hiring Security for the first time? Ask yourself these 5 questions first.
Hiring Security for your organization is a smart decision but should be done right the first time. Ask yourself these 5 questions before you do anything.
1. What is our organizations biggest security risk? How will our new security assist with minimizing this risk?
2. Will you hire In-House Security or Outsource it to a Security Company? If you aren't sure do a pro's and con's list for each one and make an educated decision with proper research.
3. Who will Security report to? Have this determined prior to hiring Security and have clearly defined expectations for Security.
4. What changes will the rest of the Organization have to make (new access control procedures, enforcement of company policies from Security, etc.) with the new hired Security? Have a formal introduction of Security. The staff deserves to know why you hired Security and make it clear they are there for everybody's Safety.
5. What is your budget for Security? You get what you paid for so focus on quality and accept nothing less. A properly run Security Team will not only reduce risk but should help the Organization function more efficiently, which means more profits!