Looking for a job is a job in itself and going on job interviews is no picnic either. Most people get so nervous when they go on an interview because they fail to prepare. Here are my top 5 way's to ace that daunted job interview and land that job!
1. Research the company that you are applying to and if possible find out anything you can about the person that will be interviewing you. On your interview discuss things that are important to the organization and show a real interest in what they are doing.
2. Practice interviewing with friends and family. If you are going to give a speech chances are you wrote down the speech and said it out loud (hopefully nobody saw you!) in front of a mirror a bunch of times. Well as corny as that sounds it does work because practice makes perfect. So prepare yourself for some of the questions that you may get on your interview.
3. Dress for the job that you want. You don't have to spend thousands of dollars on a brand new suit but you should dress to impress and look sharp.
4. Be early but not too early. Yes you it possible to be too early so don't show up 1 hour before your interview because you will come across not being able to follow directions. A good rule of thumb is 10-15 minutes prior to your interview.
5. On the interview ask questions but not just when is my lunch break. Good questions are one's that inquire about the company and the direction it is going in moving forward.